Saturday, October 09, 2010

Whoop Whoop!


I gave birth to a Genius!!
I'm just sayin'.

At Joey's school they have a Million Word Challenge.
The goal is to have read a Million Words by the end of the year.
Last year the school had 30 people make it.

The student has to read grade level appropriate books, take an AR quiz about the book in the library and that's how they keep up with how many words they've read. The computer calculates the number of words of each book then keeps a running total of the words read.

Any Who! Yes, as you've guessed already!

MY SON HAS ALREADY READ A MILLION WORDS...IN THE FIRST 6 WEEKS!



That is a lot of reading and a lot of words...a Million words actually. : )
I'm so proud of him! The kid amazes me!
Yes, he's smart, but he's so many other things besides smart. He's loving and creative. He cares about other people. He's thoughtful. He brings joy to me all the time. I'm a proud Mama.



Can he be a 6 Million Word Man by the end of the year...

To Be Continued.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

aawwwww that is awesome. man do you think you might have an attorney on your hands or wait he can be the judge.....heck he can be anything he wants to be when he grows up because he is so smart...way cool. I think he deserve some kind of special treat

Brandi Wilson said...

I totally agree. I've been trying to think of something special I can do for him, but I haven't thought of anything yet.

The Mac Fam said...

That is so awesome!! Congrats!!!

Fiver said...

well put your great genes and my awesome teaching and honestly could he fail??

i think not :)

have a great weekend, so glad to know the kids are doing great, we really enjoyed having that brief lunch with you and Randy. still praying :)

nicole

Amanda said...

Congratulations!!!