Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm so excited...I just can't hide it...I'm about to lose control and I think I like it...

Oh my goodness I’m so excited and filled with joy for what the Lord has done! I’m giddy with good news! Okay, so, I taught Kindergarten today. It was perfect. The kids were amazing. I got every single thing done that I was supposed to. I wasn’t nervous at all. I didn’t get flustered. It was actually more uneventful then I could have even hoped for. The day seemed like it lasted five minutes total. I had a great time and the kids loved me! They all wanted me to teach the class everyday.
During naptime when I finally had a minute to sit down I began to pray and thank God for helping the day go so beautifully. I told him that I was more confident than ever that one of the things I’ve been called to do is teach. Randy and I have been talking a lot about me going to school in the Fall to finish my education degree. 4 of my kids will be in school all day so it would be a great time to go back. Of course a major issue with that is what I would need to do with Miles. So, I was praying and telling God that I would need his help to get into school, to complete it and most importantly to help me find someone for Miles so that I would feel confident to leave him.
Okay, it’s about to get really good.
On the way home from work I had a voice mail. I checked it and it was a message from a lady from the program called MDCP. I won’t bore you with too many details, but it’s a program that I signed up for 3 years ago. THREE YEARS AGO! It’s a program for children with disabilities. He finally has made it to the top of the list. The program insures that no matter how much money Randy and I make in the future Miles will be qualified for Medicaid as long as he’s in the program. That in itself is reason to jump up and down and shout to the Lord. Randy and I plan on making a lot of money and it’s nice that all our resource won’t always be going to Miles needs. Also, this program provides respite care for Miles. Here’s what the lady said on the phone today: The provide respite care for Miles while I go to WORK OR TO SCHOOL! I have to find a babysitter just like I would do for any child and this program will pay that person to watch Miles for me!!!! How incredible is that? Last week I talked to Shirley, my mother in law, about watching Miles while I went to school and she thought it was a great idea. So, this program will pay Shirley to watch her own grandson while I go to school!!! When I heard that I just wanted to shout praises to the Lord while I was on the phone. Again, it’s just confirmation that this is the timing for me to go back to school. The lady also told me that they would pay a nurse to watch him if I wanted them to. I don’t really want that at this time but it’s nice to know it’s available.
On top of all that Randy’s realtor called and said that she had someone that wanted to buy the house he’s working on right now. They will be done with it next week and that’s the way we like to sell them! Also, we got a call from a couple today that want to buy our brand new house. They’re still trying to figure out if they can afford it, but they’re very interested! I’m totally pumped about that!
So, that’s my super, duper, fantastic, joyful news! Praise the Lord with me!!!!! He’s being so faithful to us!

6 comments:

Francesca said...

Brandi, I am so excited for you and Randy. If God had favorites, you just might be one. This is just the goodness of God. Let your heart swell with this goodness and anytime your soul is down remind it about the goodness of God. I am so thrilled. We have been praying for your family alot, this shows that PRAYER WORKS!!! I pray this is just the beginning of a flood of favor!!

Anonymous said...

yay yay yay! You are God's favorite!! And so am I! I know that both houses are going to sell.

Pamelotta said...

I just know that if I was a kid, and I was in your class, you would be one of those teachers that I remembered my whole life!

And I'm not just saying that. Really!

Unknown said...

GOD HAS JUST TOTALLY SHOWED OFF ON YOUR BEHALF. I AM IN AWE.

Anonymous said...

BLESSING AND INCREASE CHECKS IN THE MAIL ALL FOR THE WONDERFUL WILSON FAMILY

MONICA said...

Your last three posts are EXCITING! Mostly because you're enthusiasm is contagious! I love that you find JOY in taking your first trip to Ft Worth and get to teach Kindergarteners. And I love, love, love the gifts and surprises. I love the gifts, the receievers and the givers!! Makes my heart glad!! Your faith is being rewarded!!

BYW...thanks for noticing my public sappyness, it takes one to know one, Brenda has told me the same thing..you know I cry at every BFW talk or any testimony or musical special for that matter!!