Thursday, August 21, 2008

Summer...It's almost gone.

Here's a few pictures from the last week of summer.


Spencer and Miles are always hanging out like this at the house. I feel a little bad for Miles when Spencer goes back to school. Spencer plays with him so much and he loves it. And, Spencer got the scratch and black eye from his older brother. Yesterday was orientation at school and he was trying to decide what he was going to say when everyone asked him what happened to his eye. He was going to say, "A fifth grader (his brother) tried to beat him up, but now he has a peg leg." I love that kid!


This is Melody...Miss Mella. She makes me happy all the time. She's the funniest thing when you really get to know her.


Here's Jocie. She bought make-up at Claires with her "church money." She's doing her nice model shot here.


And yes, this is the best picture of Joey I could get. A couple of weeks ago my brother gave Joey a Game Cube for his 10th birthday. This is all I've seen of him since. Sometimes he comes up for air to eat, but I'm pretty sure he only goes to the bathroom once a day.


I was in bed last night thinking about how the kids will go to school very soon and something amazing came to mind. I think I may have done something that has never been done before. All summer I've had all five kids home. Not once did it frazzle me. Not once did Randy come home to me begging to get away from the kids. Not once did I say, "These kids are driving me crazy" or "When is school going to start?" I really have been peaceful and enjoyed my time with them. We've had a great summer.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I really wish I could say the same about my summer with the kids. I've been counting down the days since June. And now I am counting down the hours.

But, actually, it hasn't been all that bad. I'm still pushing for year-round school.

trish said...

I love Wilson Children. I had so much fun with them at my party. In the end they were my party! Thank you for sharing your precious kids with me.

God's Warrior Bride said...

Your children are fantastic and such a blessing. If only you could bottle what you guys have and sell it. It would be an instant success, I promise.