Saturday, November 01, 2008

Fresh Tomato Soup



Yes, I took this picture!

Erica gave me this recipe so long ago when we had Super Life Group. The theme was Hawaiian night and I made this soup. Since then it has become a family favorite. Spencer and I made it last night and it made him so happy. My family loves it with a warm loaf of french bread. This soup taste very much like the tomato soup at le madeline restaurant. I thought I would share it with you.

4 Cups peeled, diced ripe tomatoes. I buy the Basil, Garlic & Oregano diced tomatoes.
6 Tbs. Butter
4 Tbs Flour
1 tsp. Salt
Dash Pepper
1/2 tsp. Baking soda
2 cups Half and Half
3/4 cup Chicken Broth
Mozzarella cheese (optional)

Simmer the tomatoes in butter for about 5 minutes; whirl smooth in a blender. Sprinkle in flour, salt , and pepper, blending. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook 2 or 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add baking soda and half-and-half, cook until slightly thickened. Stir in chicken broth and heat to simmering. Sprinkle the top with mozzarella when it's in the bowl.

It's so yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That does sound yummy. I love tomato soup!