Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Who's Up for a Triathlon?

DON'T STOP READING YET! :)

It's a Triathlon of Miniature Golf, Bowling & Skee Ball

It's going to be at Prime Time on February 7, 2009. It's totally free for your whole family. Who doesn't want to go to Prime Time for FREE?

It is the Joseph Thomas Memorial Foundation Triathlon. The family of Joseph Thomas family does this special event in memory of their son who died 2 years ago. I snagged this little excerpt from their website:
Hello, and thank you for taking time to come and visit our page. We lost our son Joseph in August 2007, and John and I made it our mission to carry on his name and legacy. In Feburary 2008, we had the first Annual Joseph Thomas Triathlon. It was a huge success, and thank you for coming out. If you missed it, we will be having another Feburary 7th, 2009.

Joseph was a special boy, his personality outshined his medical disabilities. He needed constant care, like most kids with special needs do; and we know first hand how hard that can be. With the foundation, John and I plan to help families who need medical equipment and/or medical needs. We feel we can use our knowledge as an outreach and help other families in need.


I've emailed the Mom back and forth and she seems so friendly! She told me to invite, invite & invite so I'm inviting you! She said that the more kids the better. She's hoping for at least 200 kids this year! I think it's going to be a lot of fun & everyone gets a t-shirt. We're going. I've already registered. You will need to register by Feb 1. You can do that at If you have any questions you can email the mom at erin@josephthomasfoundation.org or you can ask me and I'll ask her if you want me to. Here's the flyer:

1 comment:

Amanda said...

This sounds like so much fun! If Anoe didn't have a basketball game that day we would so register! I hope you have a ton of fun!!!