Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Really? Who's Idea Was That?

I remembered something today.

Something Funny yet so not funny at the same time.

Way Way WAY back in the day...like before Randy and I could could even legally buy alcohol although we often had some, for some crazy reason we thought it would be fun to go to the movies, sneak in some booze and get blasted while we watched a movie. We walked there so we wouldn't have to drive. We used to live in an apartment close to a dollar theatre that used to be on the hill.

Anyway, we snuck in something to drink...it was cheap I'm sure, and we bought tickets for When a Man Loves a Woman. We didn't know anything about the movie, but it had Meg Ryan in it so we were sure it was going to be good.

However, a few minutes into the movies (and a few swigs later) we began to rethink our movie selection.

I don't know if you remember the movie or not, but Meg Ryan plays an alcoholic!!!

We watched a few more minutes of the depressing movie and then got out of there! We laughed so hard at the irony.

I don't know what made me think of that today. It wasn't because I was contemplating getting tanked at the movies.

Oh, I'm so thankful for how far we've come. : )

Anyway, we never did see the rest of the movie.

No comments: