Saturday, May 10, 2008

New info

I swiped my brain card in heaven a thousand times in the last two days and it looks as if it didn’t work.
Part of the boy’s family (of the boy I told you about yesterday) came to my curtain today to talk to me. I told them how I’ve been praying so hard for their nephew. I told them that I was expecting a miracle. They told me that they didn’t receive their miracle. All the scans showed that he was brain dead. The Uncle smiled as he told me that a lot of little kids were about to helped out by all the organs that were being donated. I lost it. I just couldn’t believe it.
The couple that came over brought me snacks. Can you believe that? They said that they’ve been watching me take care of Miles and they just wanted to be nice to me. They were sad that I was alone. I told them that I had a crew back home that supported me, but they were still sad that I was alone. They told me that if I needed anything to let them know. WHAT? If I needed anything?
These people were saying their last good bye to their nephew, their eyes were red from sobbing and they asked me if I needed anything!

As Miles and I were being wheeled out of ICU the parents of the little boy were going in the room to say good bye to their son. I don’t remember a time that my heart has broke for someone else as it is right now. That couple looked like the perfect couple. They were surrounded with a ton of loving family. Their son was their only child. The wife miscarried a baby about a year ago. Now their son is gone as well.

I say that, but I don’t know it for sure. I have an alternative plan.

While Miles and I were still in there Miles was having one of his hours long laughing fits. I was woken up this morning by all the nurses that were surrounding him because of all his laughing. One lady kept yelling, “That boy is seein’ Angels!” He didn’t sleep all night. He stayed awake happy and laughing.
This morning after the family came to talk to me I went to Miles to love on him, but his eyes were fixed on something and he was laughing and yelling. I did something I’ve never done before.
I spoke to Miles very seriously. I told him to send those angels that he’s seeing over to the other boy to minister to him. When I said that his eyes seemed to change to a grey color. He was laughing loud and moving his head. He was so happy. I told him to send the spirit of death away from that boy. I told him that he could see and do things that I couldn’t do and that I needed his help. I prayed that Jesus would listen to Miles.

Miles continued on with all his laughing and carrying on. As soon as we left that floor and made it to our regular room the laughing stopped. He got quiet and fell asleep.

I don’t know if any of that made a difference. I do know that Miles can see better than me even though he’s legally blind. I know his spirit is full of the Lord’s joy.

I don’t know what happened to that little boy. I know my heart is so heavy for their family. I’m also humbled by their kindness to me. I’m also thankful for the part that Miles has in God’s Kingdom. I’m praying that all the things he knows and sees now he will remember when he’s healed. He has a lot to teach us.

I believe we’re coming home tomorrow. That will be a great Mother’s Day gift.

My goodness, tomorrow that lady won’t be a mother anymore. Pray for her. Please, as a favor to me, pray for her. In the last two days she’s seemed to age about 10 years. When she first came to the hospital she looked all cute and dressed up. Today she looks like she’s been ran over. She doesn’t even look like the same person. Please pray for her.

3 comments:

Mrs. Señora Cobbey said...

Thank you for the opportunity you have given us to pray. I'm convinced you were there for a reason......

Anonymous said...

i agree you were there for a reason. WOW I could not even imagine.

trish said...

I can't tell you how many "stories" I have witnessed. It seemed, at first, as a nurse in the pediatric intensive care at 22 years old, all I could do was cry. Everyday for about nine months. I figured out if I was to be effective I had to stop crying and start doing. I found that my child's parents trusted me and were grateful that I was there with their child. Some days it just felt like I was overloaded, I too noticed that girls that worked in PICU aged faster. It is a hard lace to be. I am grateful all is well and you carry a peace that surpasses all understanding. I did not know these things when I spent so many years in that environment.