Monday, March 28, 2011

Nook

Recently my awesome friend Jennifer gave me a NOOK. It's Barnes & Nobles version of the Kindle. I have wanted a Kindle for YEARS! I've now had the Nook for a few weeks and I can't believe how much I love it! It's small enough to fit in my purse so I can take it with me all the time. When I'm waiting for Joey to get to the car I can pull out the Nook and read. The other night when Randy had to "run into Lowes" I had something to read. I'm plowing through books with this thing!

Yesterday I was looking through Barnes & Nobles "Steals 'n' Deals" and I found something incredible! For .99 cents I was able to buy 25 Favorite Novels! For .99 cents I bought 6,262 pages of the classics! How is that possible??? The books are:

Pride & Prejudice
Sense and Sensibility
Emma
Mansfield Park
Persuassion
Anne of Green Gables
Anne of Avolea
Anne of the Island
Pollyanna
Little Women
Little Men
Jo's Boys
Jane Eyre
Wuthering Heights
The Call of the Wild
The Secret Garden
A Little Princess
Tess of the D'Urbervilles
The Scarlet Letter
The House of the Seven Gables
Wives and Daughters
Sons and Lovers
The Scarlet Pimpernel
O Pioneers!
My Antonia


It amazes me that I can own all of those books for just .99 cents. I can pull out the Nook from my purse and instantly be able to read these incredible books. My girls love some of these books too so it's been fun for them to use. Joey even did some laundry the other day to earn enough money to buy a Star Wars book for the Nook, which he ended up reading within 2 days! : )

Anyway, I'm thankful for the gift and have enjoyed it very much.

2 comments:

Fiver said...

JEALOUS!! I'm wanting one too. Awesome for you AND blessings for Jennifer!!

(((((HUGS)))))
Nicole

Anonymous said...

You have done such a great job on your blog. I enjoy reading about Miles and your strength.