Thursday, June 16, 2011

What's for Dinner?

I know I don't usually share recipes on here, but I wanted to enlighten you on a family favorite. It only takes about 30 minutes. This recipe serves 4 but I usually double it for my family. It's always a big hit.

It's Dashi-Poached Scallop Salad with Wasabi Dressing.

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon wasabi paste
1/4 cup canola oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 teaspoons instant dashi
4 cups water
12 sea scallops, sliced into thirds
4 ounces mesclun

1. In a bowl, whisk the lemon juice, wasabi paste and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a large saucepan, bring the dashi and water to a simmer. Add the scallops and poach just until opaque, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Transfer the scallops to a bowl and toss with half the dressing.


I like to pair it with a nice Pinot Noir called Domaine Serene.








Wait a second...What just happened???? I think the heat has zapped my brain. I don't know what I was talking about.

I meant to share a different meal with you.

It's called Peanut Butter and Jelly on White Bread.


We like to pair it with a nice 2% Milk.

6 comments:

Garcia House said...

PBJ and milk!! Now that is a meal!!!

Garcia House said...

PBJ and milk!! Now that is a meal!!!

Fiver said...

I want the scallops!!!!!

Yum

:)

Unknown said...

OK CALL ME CRAZY. I LOVE ME SOME PBJ........NO REALLY I DO...SINCE IM ON WEIGHT WATCHERS ITS A NO NO. HOO HUMM

Pamelotta said...

I was starting to feel a little behind in my cooking skills. I kept thinking, "Dashi? What is this thing that Brandi's cooking that I've never heard of? I need to get back in to the kitchen and catch up!"

I feel much better now. ;)

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

HA! You totally had me there... I was lamenting my love of cooking and yet having a family of picky, boring eaters.

PBJ's are great for breakfast!