Thursday, August 18, 2011

How Am I Doing?

How am I doing?

Well, let's see...here's a picture of a plant that I, until recently had in my entry way:

I walked by it at least 50 times a day. For awhile I thought I would try to work on the plant to make it better. It wasn't completely dead, though obviously the plant had seen better days. Then I got tired of looking at it, and I didn't have the energy to nurse it back to health. So I did the only logical thing. I opened the backdoor, chunked it outside and the dog immediately ran to it and ate it. That's a good representation of how I'm doing.



3 comments:

Fiver said...

Okay? So what you're telling me is that book on gardening I got you was a BAD idea? Just kidding

You wanna know what i think? Heres what i think I don't think you should be any where near back to 100% you're old self.

Here's why, your old self was with an earthly living breathing Miles. He's gone now because God took him to heal him and make him a new creature.

You on the other hand are stuck here with us on earth (we're glad to have you BTW) and none of us can heal that hole in your heart caused by Miles passing no matter what our good intentions might be.

So. As your friends and family it's our job to love you. Nurture you. And help "grow" a new Brandy. Not new and improved. Not better. Just a different Brandy.

A Brandy who's lost a child.
A Brandy who still hurts and aches for that child.
A Brandy who is angry sometimes.
A Brandy that STILL has such tremendous strength and creativity and Love in her.
A Brandy fashioned by His hand to fulfill His special purpose at this time.
Our Brandy.

Loving you and lifting you,

Nicole

Brandi Wilson said...

Nicole...what can I say? That was beautifully written. Thank you! I might need to get that tattooed on me somewhere so I can remember it. You've been such a treasure of a friend to me.

Pamelotta said...

Brandy, it was so good to get to see you and talk to you the other night. I know we didn't get into any really deep conversations (15 movies, really?!?) but I got to laugh with you and I've missed that. I'm so sorry this is hard. I wish it weren't still, but Nicole's right, you are right where you need to be. You can take as long as you need. I think you might need some time to get to know the new Brandy. I already know I love her.