Wednesday, August 31, 2011

New Kind of Normal


I'm reading a book that a friend gave me, that another friend told me about, which is a sequel to a book that a completely different friend gave to me a few years ago. (See all the people God uses to bring comfort to one person?)

The book I'm currently reading/devouring is called A New Kind of Normal by Carol Kent. She also wrote When I Lay My Isaac Down. I wrote a blog post about that book a long time ago and begged you to read it. Did you read it???

On the front cover of this book it says, "Hope-Filled Choices When Life Turns Upside Down"

How fitting right?

Well, she quoted a man in this book and I wanted to share it with you.
(Click on the Picture to make it bigger.)


For some reason if you can't read what's on the picture it says:
"When suffering shatters the carefully kept vase that is our lives, God stoops to pick up the pieces. But he doesn't put them back together as a restoration project patterned after our former selves. Instead, he sifts through the rubble and selects some of the shards as raw material for another project---a mosaic that tells the story of redemption." ~Ken Gire


I'm still trying to figure out what my "New Kind of Normal" is.




3 comments:

Lydianna Bradford said...

This is so true Brandi! I know that God is indeed creating a masterpiece.

Tammie Coffman said...

I love you, Brandi. How you shine!

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Oh now that is a good quote! And I think I need to find that book. It has been over a year (or longer) since I've read a book on grief or loss, except for Heaven is for Real.

New normal. I think we adjust to the new normal, but the new normal changes somewhat over time... Miles will touch your life and the lives of your husband and children forever and in many different ways. This changes YOU. And as we change, that new normal changes in ways. Keep the faith, keep fighting for joy and you will find a hard earned richness infused in it all.