Friday, May 19, 2006

My Nemesis

I have discovered every mother's nemesis. For Superman it's kryptonite & Lex Luther. For Mr. Incredible it's that little guy formally known as Buddy. I can't remember his "bad superhero name". For Mother's it's WHINING! Every mother hates whining more than changing diapers, long nights with loads of laundry and signing school folders every day for 9 months of the year. None of these compare to the torture of whiny requests, complaints and demands.
What could be done about the daunting terrorism that takes over my home every day after 3:00? When school is out even my peaceful non-whining girls are taken over and transformed into super-sized whiners!
Wait a minute...as I sit here and think about this strategically I think I may have found the perfect weapon. I've heard the phrase, "You fight fire with fire". Well, I guess the only way to fight WHINING is with WINE! It's now 1:19 so I have until 3:00 to tank up. In My Fair Lady, Eliza Doolittle's Dad calls it "liquid protection". This is all making since now.
Of course I'm kidding. I don't think wine would help. Plus, it's nasty and expensive. I will have to keep thinking on how to defeat this ugly tomenter of mine.

1 comment:

Lydianna Bradford said...

Brandi---Whining is my nemesis as well!! Adalee has just figured it out as well and Lydianna is an old pro...!! *sigh*