Friday, December 07, 2007

Kindergarten Moment

There is a girl in the Kindergarten class that is known by all as a talker. She knows everything already so I don’t know why she comes to school. I’m sure if she were taller then she could teach. She’s a sweet and sassy girl! Her mouth is always moving. You don’t know this girl. Rachel, I think you met her at a birthday party!

Well, today she decided that she wanted to make a picture for Jocie’s little brother Miles. I told you she was sweet. She was making her picture and telling everyone she was making the picture for Miles. This is how the conversation went:

Sassy Girl: I’m making a picture for your little brother Jocie! Hey, what’s wrong with him?

Jocie: Oh, he got some brain damage I think.

Sassy Girl: What does brain damage mean?

A Boy: That means your brain doesn’t work too good.

Another Boy: No, it means you can’t walk.

Jocie: No, it means you can’t talk.

Sassy Girl: (Very sure) Oh, then I never had that before!

Mrs., Brokaw and I laughed so hard we had tears rolling down our face. I’ve been cracking up about it all day. If brain damage means that you can’t talk, then I agree that girl doesn’t have any brain damage at all!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!! No, that girl definitely has never had it if it means not being able to talk!! What's so funny is that I can totally see her and the class and how the conversation went. . . and Mrs. Brokaw laughing hard . . just cracks me up thinking about it!!

Anonymous said...

that girl reminds me of someone....oh! me, when i was in kindergarten...and now, sometimes.

Tim said...

Touche!