Friday, October 20, 2006

A family that digs together...Stays together.

Well, I did something today that was really gross!

I lost a $135 check. It was the money from Miles' insurance for our trip on Monday. I thought I had put it in my purse so I went to the bank to cash it today, but it wasn't in my purse. I went home and frantically looked for the check. It wasn't in the place it had been for the previous 5 days. The house cleaner had just left and I could only think of one other place it could be....THE TRASH OUTSIDE!

I called Randy and told him that I had lost the check. I was really upset and I started crying. He said, "Hey, do you know why you're crying? It's because you're a great wife, and you never make mistakes like this so it's upsetting to you. I'll come home and help you look."

Okay, what a wonderful man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If this was a test for him he got an A+++!

He came home and we looked all over and we couldn't find it. So, we went outside and started digging in the dumpster. And when I say We...I mean He. Randy looked through bags of trash and found nothing. It was so gross, and bees were swarming us. Jocie said it all when she said, "I smell barf." People were walking down our alley staring at us. I kept trying to explain to the people that I threw away a check. Randy just kept digging. This one couple came up to us and started talking to our little girls. They didn't even seem to wonder why we were digging in the trash can. They didn't seem to think this was strange at all. The man had his beer and the lady had her soda and they were just taking a little walk down the alleys at 1:00 this afternoon. Okay, I didn't know our alley was such a hang out, but I know I saw about 10 people in a matter of 15 minutes. No wonder were missing a lawn mower, weed eater, extention cord and an edger.

Well, we gave up on the dumpster idea and went to look in our room again. We found it on the floor between the desk and the wall. We were so happy. Randy came over and wiped the trash slime on me and then went back to work with a smile on his face.

Randy, you're the man!

No comments: