Monday, March 17, 2008

Here's What's Going On...


UPDATE:
We have to stay another night. Miles' body temperature was freaking everyone out. He already has a low grade temperature. I have to reassure them all the time of this. But, it did get really low. It was down to 90 degrees. That happened the last time we were at the hospital in January. I’m thinking that it happens a lot. More interesting info about that one later.

Also, his procedure was at 8:00 this morning and he didn't wake up until 3:00 this afternoon, again, freaking out by the nurses. It’s probably because of his temperature that he was so hard to wake up. Again, more details about that one later.

The good thing is that the test came back positive. His body responds very well to the baclofen. His body is so free right now. The doctor just came back in to check on him and told us that it was like "Cinderella" at night the medicine will wear off and his body tone will go back like when we came.

The shocking news is that the doctor wants to put this pump in Miles in two weeks instead of in a year from now. He totally agrees with me that Miles needs freedom in his body. He will be the youngest to get this pump. Tomorrow the neurosurgeon will be in to see Miles and tell us if he can possibly fit it in him body. As with everything with Miles I have mixed feelings about this. Part of me is so dang excited because it will mean that Miles will have continuous ability to move his arms and legs. He hasn’t been able to do this in so long that I can’t even remember it. Of course the other part of me absolutely detests the thought of something foreign in his body that is hooked up to his spine. I’m sure you understand.

So, that’s the update. Randy and I are getting another luxurious night in the hospital.

6 comments:

trish said...

Sometimes I find it hard to find anything to say other than I am always amazed at the grace God has given you to be such a beautiful wife,mother,friend. Even if I do not comment, I always read and think of you. I love you. And now that I am not going to work full time maybe we can actually be friends IRL instead of just in "secret" or on-line.

MONICA said...

Wow, that is a lot to contend with, I echo Trish's sentiments, God's grace in you and Randy is amazing to see. I am praying for peace and guidance for you and Randy, favor and excellence with the physicians while continuing to stand with you in faith for Mile's complete healing to be realilzed in the natural.

Unknown said...

GIRL YOU MAKE ME LAUGH. I LOVE YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR THROUGH ALL THIS. (another luxurious night in the hospital)..lol

God's Warrior Bride said...

Ditto - Ditto - Ditto You amaze me through it all. You are in my prayers.

Lydianna Bradford said...

Brandi,
Miles looks beautiful in that picture. I hope you are back home in Abilene now and everything is going well.

Anonymous said...

Brandi, I love the picture. you are are amazing...

I speak Peace and rest upon you both