Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Would YOU????

I just read this article and it cracked me up so I thought I would share it with you. Plus I needed something new on here. :) So honestly...WOULD YOU DO IT?????

I'm shallow. Yes I would do it.



Would you change your name to TexasMotorSpeedway.com?
By Jay Busbee
Follow Jay Busbee on Twitter at @jaybusbee.
You gotta hand it to Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage. (He's the one in the photo that's not Carl Edwards.) The man knows how to get press for his track. He's a modern-day Barnum, wheeling and dealing and doing whatever's necessary to get the word out.
His latest gig? An offer that makes for a killer "would you do it ... ?" On Tuesday morning, Gossage offered the host of a Dallas country music station $100,000 to change his name to TexasMotorSpeedway.com for one year and get a permanent TMS tattoo. Terry Dorsey, a DJ on 96.3 KSCS, has exactly 24 hours to make the decision.
It's genius, in its own little way. If Dorsey goes through with the stunt, then Dallas listeners will tune in to TexasMotorSpeedway.com in the morning until 2011. And if not, Dorsey will have to explain to his wife why he turned down six figures.
So why not do it? After all, as Shakespeare once said, what's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet. (Gossage probably wants those renamed to, say, "TMS Blossoms", but "The Yellow TMS of Texas" sounds more like a disease than a country song.)
All right, so ... decision time. Would you do it? Would you change your name to TexasMotorSpeedway.com for a year for $100,000? State your case below, and who knows ... you might get a call from Eddie.
Oh, and if you see posts here written by a "TexasMotorSpeedway.com," don't fret. It's still me. But you'll know why

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I definitely would. It'd be a great conversation starter and I'd get to make up a whole new persona to go with the new name.

Carlos Ribeiro said...

I'd change my name to TexasMotorSpeedway. The problem is that Brazil is a terrible bureaucracy to change its name ... and so I know only part of the name. So maybe I'll pass on calling me "TexasMotorSpeedway Carlos Ribeiro." No chance to change his name again (at least in my country). See you soon!

Brandi Wilson said...

That's very interesting Carlos!

RaZella said...

I would change my name for the year, however, wouldn't get the tatoo. that's just me, i'm not a tatoo person. The name would be a piece of cake minus having to sit at the DMV and Social Security office to go through the whole process of getting new cards and such reissued. Hmmm, remembering just how annoying that is... maybe I'd have to reconsider....

BelleDownUnda said...

Stumbled across your blog by accident.....hit the next blog button, and there you were!!!!! I SO enjoyed reading your blogs! You have a gift of writing and humor. God bless you and your family
Cyndi