Monday, June 05, 2006

My Dream

5:50 A.M. I was awakened by a wonderful dream! I felt like I was supposed to get up and write it down. Here's the dream:

Randy, my Mom and I had taken Miles and maybe Joey to the nursery of a church we were going to for some function. After the service we all went into the nursery and Miles was sitting in front of Joey on the floor. When I was getting the diaper bag I thought to myself, "It sure does seem that he's looking right at me."
Then I noticed he was sitting up by himself. When I noticed this he looked at both Randy and I and smiled big and made a cute baby giggle. Then, he stood up or Joey helped him stand up and Miles bent over to do a summersault flip on the floor.
I stood there and looked at his shoes to make sure that was indeed Miles. When I knew that it was I said, "MOM-"
I was motioning to my Mom to see her grandson. I couldn't talk. My breath was gone. I fell to the floor in worship/shock/I want to hold my boy when I woke up.
My heart was pounding! My first thought was thanks to God for the encouragment that He had given me.
Miles' healing was the last thing I thought about before I fell asleep and the first thing I thought about this morning.

One thing that was encouraging to me was that in my dream Miles KNEW us! I've been wondering when God heals Miles if it will be strange to live with this new little boy. I've been wondering if we were all going to have to get to know one another. This dream settled that in me. Miles knew us when he saw us. His eyes were so full of life. They were twinkling.
I cannot explain how excited I am!

No comments: