Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Back Home

Well, we're back home! The surgery went smoothly. On Tuesday when we saw the doctor he wasn't sure if Miles' hip would go back in or not. He was worried about it, but during the surgery he said that everything went into place easily. After Dr. Messer did what he needed to do he decided that Miles' didn't need the Spica cast. (that's the one that was above his waist) Dr. Messer casted Miles from the top of his legs and covered his feet except for his cute toes. This means that diapering is a lot easier...still takes some figuring out but nothing like it would have. Randy can already change Miles' diaper by himself but I haven't mastered it yet. I will soon enough though because we have to change him every two hours so he doesn't leak.
Recovery for him yesterday was rough. He cried for almost a whole day. He was in so much pain. The nurses gave him every thing they could but it didn't help much. Today was much better! I've been keeping his pain medication in him and that's helped. He actually slept a little today and even smiled when he heard Spencer's voice.
I'm really glad to be home. I'm so tired from being at that hospital. Hopefully I will get some good rest tonight...between diaper changes! Poor Randy got sick at the hospital! He went to the Minor Emergency Clinic when we got home and they said he has strep throat!!!! He got a shot on the bottom so hopefully he will feel better sometime tomorrow.
I will have to send a picture of Miles soon. Believe it or not he looks adorable in his big red casts! Over half of his body is covered in red fiberglass. He has a big rod separating his legs. He looks uncomfortable, but I think he feels okay. I'm excited about what this cast is going to do for his legs and ankles. They're going to be so straight.
The doctor said to expect about a week of pain and then he should be feeling better. Already he's doing better today than he did yesterday.
So far the report is...It's a lot better than I thought it would be. It will take some adjustments but I know it's going to be okay.

The other day I was wondering what people at Wal-Mart were going to think when they saw this cute baby being hauled around in a wagon with his big red casts sticking up in the air. Randy and I began to think of funny T-shirts he could wear. Here's a few we came up with...if you have a good one email me because I may get a couple of these made. He won't be able to wear pants or shorts for several weeks so he needs some cute shirts. Here's what we came up with:

*Don't even ask!

*You should see the other guy!

*Give my Mommy money or she will break my arms to!
(I'm getting this one for sure!)

*BEWARE OF MELODY!

*They dared me to do it!

*They're serious when they say to keep arms and legs inside the roller coaster at all times!

*Please hold all questions and comments.


Well, I've got three kids in the bath tub, Randy and Miles to take care of, unpacking to do, laundry to sort and sleep to catch up on...I better go for now. Please continue to pray that Miles will adjust to sleeping on his back, and for his pain to go away quickly, and that Randy and I will quickly learn ways to take care of Miles the best.

No comments: