Friday, September 07, 2007

In Their Own Words

Today I was working on my book and I asked the kids if they would tell me how they felt about Miles. I asked them to just talk to me about Miles. I asked them a few questions. This is what they had to say:



Joey:


I don’t really feel different about Miles than I do about Melody, Spencer and Jocie.

Sometimes people ask me what’s wrong with Miles. I don’t really like it when they ask me that because I don’t like to tell them all the details. I just like to say that he has brain damage. I don’t like to talk about how he died. It makes me sad.

Miles is special because he has a lot of people that care for him.

I like it a lot that Miles has a nurse at our house because we will know if he’s being taken care of. It’s also fun because we can have dates together because Christy will take care of Miles.

Miles wheelchair it’s cool because everyone likes to play with it a lot. Kids at church like to push him around.

I’m glad that God healed Miles because we’re able to play with him. I think God’s going to heal him more. I think it’s going to be kind of like what God did to Saul when he became Paul, and Miles is going to have a big testimony. Miles will be able to do everything that I can do. Miles will be really smart. It’s really tough to know how old Miles will be when God heals him.

Spencer:


He’s my baby brother. I love him. He’s special because he’s my brother and God made him. God raised him from the dead. I like that. I mean I love it. I know God’s going to heal him because I believe that he will, and I know that God is good and that he will heal him. I don’t really have an idea how he will do it. When Miles is healed I want to bring him to my school and show him to everybody. I think they will be happy because they have prayed for him a lot. I think he will be healed tomorrow. I’m just kidding. More like when he’s five.

When people ask me what’s wrong with Miles it makes me feel good because they care about it. I usually tell them that he died but that God raised him from the dead. I think the kids are surprised about that.

Comment by Spencer: I forgot how much I’m getting paid for this. Can you please tell me?

I don’t like that he has to have a wheelchair. I do like pushing him around in it because its fun and I get to push around my own little brother.

I like that Miles has a nurse because she’s there to help Miles. Also, she’s fun. She’s nice to us. I don’t think other people have nurses in their house. Well, Cody (his friend) does. It’s his own Mom. I like his therapists because they help Miles too, and they let me play with their toys…sometimes.

My favorite thing about Miles is that he’s always there to be with me.

Jocie:

I like playing with Miles. He’s very cute and I love him. I have fun playing with him. I have a lot of things to do with him. I like how he laughs.

That little boy at school asked me what happened to Miles. I didn’t answer him but I would say that he had casts. He had to go to the hospital to get his casts on. I don’t really know why he had to have casts on.

I like playing with his hair because it’s soft.

I like Christy the nurse because if you (Mommy) wants to go somewhere you can just go because Christy can take care of Miles. She gets to go some where with us, and she gets to ride in the car, and we might get to buy finger nail polish. She’s nice to us, and once she bought some finger nail polish and we were at McDonalds and they didn’t have ice cream making so you know what? We went to Sonic. It was just plain vanilla kind and we came home and she put soda in it. Christy makes him exercise, gives him baths all the time, takes him at the office all the time.

When we go to horse therapy I like playing with that girl. Sometimes JoBeth and Todd brings toys and I like playing with them. Also, I like when Miles has therapy because I get a snack and get to eat stuff.

I like how Miles wheelchair lights up. I like pushing Miles in the wheelchair because I have something to do. But sometimes I just do it because I like to help you do stuff. I like going places with Miles because I have fun with him. I like going to the coffee shop with him because I get chocolate milk.

I think God is going to heal Miles. And I’m thankful that he’s going to turn three. I will play with him at school when he’s healed…maybe.

My favorite thing about Miles is everything.

Melody:

I don’t like the colors of the wheelchair. I think they should be pink and purple. I do like pushing him around because I like to go every where I want to. It’s fun to push him at the store.

I like Christy because she gotted us that finger polish. It was only one dollar. That’s a lot. Is one dollar a lot? Ten is a lot. I want ten monies. I can count to ten. I like JoBeth because she bees nice. I like Todd because he plays with Miles. He makes Miles laugh. Todd lets him play with his toys. He lets me play with them a little bit. JoBeth plays with Miles. He likes it. Miles favorite thing to do is play with JoBeth.

I think God is going to heal Miles. Miles will be able to play with his toys. I think he will be a Dad when he grows up. He will be a good dad. I don’t know how many kids he will have. He will give them a bath and take them to the church we go at.

My favorite thing to do is to play with him. I rub his tummy and he laughs. I also read him books. I read him the itsy bitsy spider.

Christy gives him some food and stretches his arms.

That’s all I want to say.

7 comments:

ericaprosser said...

Your kids are crazy-awesome! I love them!

Pamelotta said...

I hope you got that on tape, because Miles is going to love hearing that some day!

A-lauf said...

very nice, and funny comments.

Brenda M Becker said...

Psalm 8
A David Psalm
1 God, brilliant Lord, yours is a household name.
2 Nursing infants gurgle choruses about you; toddlers shout the songs that drown out enemy talk,
and silence atheist babble.

Kevin said...

very sweet! I concur with Pam!

trish said...

I loved that so much! It is like I was sitting right there listening. That will be great in your book.

Anonymous said...

I love your kids and their faith is so encouraging to me! I want Justus to be like that! To just have faith and it be so normal.