Saturday, September 06, 2008

What Kind of Pillow Person Are You?



Soft, Squishy, Hard, Flat, None at all or the More the Merrier?

I’m a pillow Lover! My pillow is very big and squishy. It goes out of town with me. In May when Miles had surgery we were on our way to Ft Worth and panic struck me! I realized that Randy did not grab my pillow from the bed. I say Randy because it was in the TAKE pile that I had made. I’m telling you that I actually started to cry. That is a very strange thing for me to do. It’s just that I knew I was going to be in the hospital for a week and mostly by myself because Randy was returning home and I was going to be without my pillow. I love it because it smells like my house. We had to stop in Weatherford to get me a new one. We ended up calling my mother in law to go over to my house so she could tell us the brand of my pillow.



One time before the perfect pillow that I have now I just couldn’t sleep with my previous perfect pillow because it had deflated and was just not doing it for me anymore. I had been aggravated with it for awhile but I had just been dealing with it. Well, one night I just couldn’t take it anymore. We were in bed and I was tossing and turning with the stupid thing. Finally Randy got up, put on his pants and picked up his keys. I was shocked to find out that he was leaving his warm bed and fine pillow to go buy me a new one! Can you believe that? That guy is the sweetest! He went to Wal-Mart and bought me the most expensive pillow they had there. It was a fancy pillow with a luxurious sateen cover. He brought it home and as happy and as thankful as I was…the pillow was just terrible! I tried to use it for two weeks, but the dang thing was just too firm! No squishy at all! So, now that’s his pillow. It has been for two years now and I swear it’s in the same shape as the day he bought it. Today I used it for a couple of minutes and I remembered why I didn’t like that pillow. Still hard.



Also, I have a body pillow. I started using a body pillow during one of my pregnancies. I’ve totally tried to wean myself from the body pillow a few times, but I always seem to get hooked on it again. I wish I could just get rid of it, but it’s just so comforting. Right now I have this really high thread count cover on the body pillow and my regular pillow…oh, thread count…that’s a whole other post!



So, anyway, what kind of pillow person are you? Please tell me I’m not the only one with issues.

10 comments:

trish said...

I will admit to pillow issues. I require at least two pillows. Currently they are a tempor pedic and a semi-flat pillow. For years it was a down pillow and another small one. I have pillow thieves. Mostly Bella. I think she waits until she knows I will be so tired I will not get up. Then I realize my "special" pillows are missing! It is horrible. RIght now I have one decent and one substandard pillow. I have been coveting the down tempor pedic combo pillow. I just have not made the purchase-yet! Oh yeah, gottas have my tempor pedic topper on a firm mattress.

Brandi Wilson said...

Trish, I have Pillow Thieves as well. Mostly Mella.
For Christmas last year I bought her a pillow almost just like mine so she would stop taking mine. Did it work? Nope.

Unknown said...

Girl,,,,,I love this post. I must share this story with you. The night of my honeymoon with
SRG McKee I almost lost it.
After the wedding we came to my house and packed our suitcases to go spend the night at a hotel.
I told my new husband to grab my night night pillow. I can't sleep without it. I take it everywhere when on vacation, on work related conferences etc.
I almot broke down and cried that night. James just looked at me like I was crazy. It is a flat pillow that I put over my entire head at night while sleeping.
I know Im weird. LOL
after that night of restless sleep on my honeymoon, James has never forgot my night night pillow when we go on a road trip. Imagine that.

Unknown said...

OH YA I FORGOT. I DOOOO LOVE BIG SOFT FLUFFY PILLOWS. I HAVE 5 ON MY BED. I AM A PILLOW PERSON AS WELL.

Pamelotta said...

I have never cared about a pillow my whole entire life, until....the tempurpedic came along.

I used to be able to sleep on my arm if there was nothing else and now I take tempy everywhere I go!

Anissa Mayhew said...

I've had the same pillow for over 2 years, it's got just the right amount of firm vs the perfect amount of squish. I fear it's demise because I will be laying on the floor of the stores, testing them out...which creeps me out to even think of, but oh well, I will do it.

And the body pillow thing? Me too.

Anonymous said...

I have to have a fluffy pillow! Cole could sleep on a rock and be just fine...I don't know how he does it. Right now, though, it dosen't seem to matter how many pillows I have...sleep is not coming very easy.

Amanda said...

I totally don't care what my pillow is like. As long as they're all the same. It all really depends on my mood I guess. Sometimes I sleep with 2 pillows, sometimes none at all. They just have to be the same. So I guess that's my pillow issue.

God's Warrior Bride said...

Thank God I am not alone. I love, love, love my feather pillows (yes feather). Doug calls them my moldable concrete. When we first got married I has two kingsize feather pilllows (until they finally fell apart) - Doug took great pleasure in throwing them away and I was so sad. We eventually bought really nice thick, soft high dollar ones to replace the old feathers, but they just didn't work. I was never so thankful when my Mom brought me a couple of new (old) feathers pillows last year. And I take them with me everytime we are going to stay away from home.

Cherryberry said...

I love pillows. Mike thinks I'm craz because we both have the same kind of pillow but I can tell the difference between the two. He can't.
I actually sleep with four and Mike has 3. Not sure how many he actually uses.
One of mine is an oversize King that I use for a body pillow. Can hardly sleep without it.
Glad to know I am not the only pillow freak.