Saturday, August 18, 2007

We Might Need A Plumber!

I’m not going to try to sound mechanical. I’m not mechanically inclined in any way. I have real issues in this area. After admitting that, I will say that I’m pretty sure something is wrong with my roof. We had several guests over at our home last night. We were all in the living room talking when I felt a hard drip of water on my face. Before I could say anything I felt another. Then I heard Spencer say, “Hey, there’s lots of water spraying out of the ceiling fan!” We all look to see water continuously spraying water from our ceiling fan! Did I mention that it was raining extremely hard? Like I said, I’m not too good at house repairs or anything, but I’m pretty sure the rain had something to do with it. Now, is it okay for water to be mixed with electricity? I never can remember.

Good news is…I know a guy that can fix stuff!

Here’s the funny part: Randy’s brother and his sister (which are both much older than him) were trying to tell Randy how to fix the leak. Randy had already got up in the attic, figured out the problem, set up a place for the water to drip…oh, and he turned off the ceiling fan! He had already decided what he needed to do, but his siblings had several ideas other than the ones Randy had. It was so humorous to me that they were trying to tell Randy (who does things like that for a living) how to fix his leak. Even as they were leaving out the door they still had last minute helpful hints. I didn’t say a word about it. I don’t have to think about things like that. Randy just fixes stuff. That’s all I know. So, I just got to sit back and enjoy the brothers/sister showdown. It was comical to me.

This morning when I was talking to Randy about how funny it was last night when his brother and sister were trying to tell him how to fix the leak he told me that he hadn’t even noticed that they were doing it. WOW! I guess no matter how old Randy gets or the fact that he’s much bigger than any of his brothers and sisters….He Will Always Be the Baby to Them.

No comments: