Monday, October 20, 2008

Chili's



Holli is in town this week for a conference that Brandon is teaching at. Holli and I were so excited! We made plans to eat a long lunch together. I picked her up at the church at noon and we went to Chili's . We went to Chili's because I told her a couple of times that I had a $25 gift card there so it could be my treat.
We had a wonderful lunch of soup and salad and drinks. The bill came and I was excited to see that it came out to $25.10. I gave him the gift card and the ten cents and a very generous tip because I didn't have to pay for lunch.

Well, the waiter came back and told me...that my card had nothing on it.

I got the Chili's gift card for my birthday. It was for $25 and I had not used it yet.

The manager came over and took the card to check it out.

Nope. Nothing on the card.

The person that gave me the card would be mortified to know this happened today. I can't tell them. I mean...they got ripped off and I can't tell them. I got ripped off and I can't tell them.

So, there I was with NO MONEY AT ALL! I couldn't really take the guy's tip back. What could I do? I just told Holli, "I'm SO sorry, but I can't pay for lunch."

HOW TERRIBLE IS THAT?

She paid.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG I WOULD BE SO HORRIBLY MAD MAD MAD.IM SORRY THAT HAPPENED TO YOU. HOW HORRIBLE. IM SURE YOU WANTED TO CRAWL UNDER THE TABLE. BUT HERE'S THE KEWL THING, YOU GOT A FREE LUNCH,,,,GIFTS & SUPRISES.
LOL.....

Kevin said...

awww,

that would be so horrible.

I cannot even imagine

Becky and Bryan said...

Oh, I'm so sorry...but at least you got to see Holli!!! :)

ericaprosser said...

ouch.

Anonymous said...

That is Crazy...