Thursday, February 18, 2010

He's getting bigger...

The wheelchair that I never thought would be is now too small.

Today Rody from Freedom2Go is going to come and measure Miles for a new seating system. He's outgrown his wheelchair seat. When Miles first got his wheelchair he was so tiny! He was tiny but getting very hard to carry everywhere. I was so devastated when his wheelchair was delivered. I knew that I knew that I knew that he would be healed before he ever had to use a wheelchair. I would have bet anything I owned on that truth. I believed that God had told me something that he apparently never told me because it didn't happen and he's not a liar.

So, we've now had the wheelchair for over 3 years, and honestly it's been a huge blessing! Miles is so comfortable in it and it allows him to go where ever we go. The everyday use of it is a blessing. What is represents is what's more devastating. One only has a wheelchair if they need it. Miles definitely needs it.

Here's a picture of him when he was measured for his first wheelchair. He looks so tiny.


Here's a picture of him today getting measured.




I'm not depressed or mad about the situation. It's just that certain days like today feels heavier than usual. I never thought Miles would need a wheelchair. He does. Most days I'm thankful that he has a wheelchair. Today isn't necessarily one of those days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This makes my heart heavy....I have no words that will make you feel better so Im not gonna even try. I do miss seeing you guys every Sunday.

ella said...

Hello. I have an uncle who has downs and a brother with asburgers, so I have a vauge knowing of what your daliy struggles are. I just had two little bundles of joy of my own (Liam and Collin) and am worried sick. :( People like you inspire me.