Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My Quirky Sleep Habit

I know that most of you know this about me already, but I have some new info to go with it today.

Randy and I do not have sides of the bed. We have been married for 10 years and we do not have a side of the bed. We don't even have a top or bottom to our bed. Every night I decide which where I want my head to be when we go to sleep. I can't explain how I "know" where my head wants to be, but I can just feel it. There are some places that I just know I will not sleep well if I try. So, Randy is the sweetest trooper of all time. He just doesn't care. He will sleep opposite of where ever I decide to sleep. Now, we do not sleep with our heads at opposite ends. That would not work out for us because we are snugglers.

The memory is a little fuzzy now, but I kind of remember how this all started. I remember thinking a long time ago that I liked how we had not settled on a side of the bed yet. I thought it kept things fresh and exciting. I didn't like the idea of for the next 50 years sleeping in the same place with the same person every night. Now, I'm totally pleased with the same person!!!! I don't want to change that every night! No way! But, I'm also pleased that we still don't have a side of the bed. It just makes me happy, and I enjoy being a little quirky. Honestly, even if I took the whole quirky thing out of it I would still do it because it's real to me now. I really do have to decide where I need to sleep.

So, that's the old part. Here's the new info about the subject. I just went to lay my girls down for bed and Melody was already lying down, but Jocie told me that she wanted to sleep with her head at the bottom of the bed. I've caught her doing that a few times before, but I've never said anything about it. Melody just went along with what Jocie wanted. It just made me love her even more. It was sweet to me to see myself in her. I guess I better start praying right now that her husband will be as understanding and as sweet as Randy about the matter!

2 comments:

Brenda M Becker said...

I love all your quirks - I love everything I know about you

Carolyn said...

OK~ we have a lot of things in common, but this is not one of them! Russ and I are not quirky! A few months ago he fell asleep on my side and I could NOT get him to wake up, so I slept on his side....
Did I say slept?!?!?!? When we got up the next morning both of us were miserable! We decided to never try that again! And sleeping with our heads at the foot of the bed????? I don't see that happening any time soon either~all the covers would get un-tucked and be all over the place~no I am of the "this is how I sleep" club. I admit, it is rather OCD of me, but that's the way it has to be (trust me, there's more).
I must agree with your friend Brenda though, I love everything I know about you. If you weren't quirky, you wouldn't be you!!!